Financial instruments funded by the European Social Fund – boosting social impact
‘Financial instruments funded by the European Social Fund – boosting social impact’
8 – 9 March 2018, Brussels
The European Commission, Directorate-General for Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion (DG EMPL), supported by the European Investment Bank, is pleased to announce the Second fi-compass ESF Conference, taking place on 8 and 9 March 2018 in Brussels, Belgium.
The 2-day conference will be opened by Ms Marianne Thyssen, European Commissioner for Employment, Social Affairs, Skills and Labour Mobility. Further distinguished speakers will present at the conference key topics related to financing social inclusion and social impact investing in the 2014-2020 programming period in a variety of thematic sessions.
PerMicro will take part at the Conference by holding one of the two parallel sessions on 9th March: these sessions will offer participants a chance to explore two practical topics related to the conference main themes in an interactive and informal way.
14:30 – 15:45 FI-Lab A
How much impact do you expect from microfinance?
Facilitation: Mr Andrea Da Pozzo, DG Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion, European Commission
Mr Andrea Limone, CEO, PerMicro, Italy
Ms Giulia Boioli, Communication Manager, PerMicro, Italy
In this interactive session, participants will learn about measuring social impact of microfinance institutions (MFIs) in a practical, participatory way.
The conference programme can be found here.
The Speaker Biographies can be found here.
In this conference, participants can expect to get an overview on:
- The recent developments in social impact investing and innovative financing solutions across the EU
- The role of the EU and the ESF in social financing today and tomorrow
- How the effect of financial instruments on the development of social policies is perceived
- The opportunities provided by ESF financial instruments for EU Member States and regions
- Importance of microfinance in promoting self-employment and entrepreneurship
- How social entrepreneurship and social inclusion can be supported
- The support options available to Member States and managing authorities and on further support available from cooperation between the European Commission and European Investment Bank Group (EIB Group) for social inclusion and social impact.