Regulations and laws for microfinance in the EU
Within the framework of the 1st European Microfinance Day, the European Microfinance Network (EMN) and the Microfinance Centre (MFC), together with the European Investment Bank Institute (EIBI), are pleased to invite you to the workshop on:
Regulations and laws for microfinance in the EU:
Current situation and opportunities for improvement
Date: 20th October 2015, 9am – 12.45pm
Venue: European Economic and Social Committee (EESC)
Jacques Delors Building, Rue Belliard 99 – 1000 Brussels
The speakers’ panel will be composed of:
– Product specialist and Responsible for Microfinance at BNP Paribas, Mr Samuel Lefèvre;
– Of Counsel at Arendt & Medernach, Ms Anne Contreras;
– Team leader, DG EMPL Unit C2 – Sectorial Employment Challenges, Youth Employment and Entrepreneurship at European Commission, Ms Andrea Maier;
– Habitat for Humanity International and Board member of the Microfinance Centre, Ms Lucija Popovska;
– President at PerMicro and Secretary General at European Microfinance Network, Mr Corrado Ferretti.
Mr Per-Erik Eriksson, Head of Microfinance at European Investment Fund (EIF), will moderate the session.
Find out more information on the content of the workshop.
On the occasion of the first European Microfinance Day, Ms Maria Nowak, Founder of Adie and President of Adie International, will present the investment fund Helenos, as preamble of the session.
– The Helenos project, promoted by Adie International and Crédit Coopératif, responds to the need to develop microfinance institutions capable of financing these new entrepreneurs, focusing on MFIs who are just starting and have no access to classical sources of finance.
The workshop will be followed by an informal lunch.
To register for the workshop on Regulations and laws for microfinance in the EU, please fill in and submit the registration form (please, notice that the session will start at 9am and not at 10am as indicated on the registration form).
[Source: European Microfinance Network]